Lupus mouth sores and its treatment can be a slow process. B ore, we talk about “treating” Lupus mouth sores, I think it’s important to look at what causes our body to trigger mouth sores.
It can be due to a number of different reasons, some of which are listed here:
- Vitamin C and B-12 Deficiency
- Lack of sleep
- Ulcerative Colitis: Because of poor absorption of micronutrients (essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C and B-12
- IBS: Irritable Bowel Disease
- Food Allergies- Most Lupus Patients have it.
- Crohn’s Disease
- Celiac Disease: Lupus patients are prone to it.
- Low White Blood Cells: Chronic issue with Lupus patients.
- Lupus: immune response to a micronutrient insufficiency, lack of sleep, and mitochondrial insufficiency.
As you can see there are other reasons for mouth sores, some of which are indirectly a result of Lupus. Many of us are constantly tired because many struggles to fall asleep.
But the ultimate reason, in my opinion, is because of poor gut health leading to ulcerative colitis, Irritable bowel syndrome, food allergies, Celiac disease, and malnutrition. Why? Poor gut health = Leaky gut = Autoimmune Trigger = Lupus Flare.
Poor gut health = Leaky gut = Autoimmune Trigger = Lupus Flare.
So back to treating Lupus mouth sores:
- Take Lupus Supplements that can help heal your gut.
- Manage Stress: Choose your battles. Lupus patients tend to be “Type A”, so learn to control the effects of stress on your body. How? Slow and steady breathing in for 5 seconds and breathe out for 10 seconds. Again, slow and steady is key.
- Avoid high sugar foods like cake, cookies, ice cream, candy bars, candy, and most of all, soda.
- Eat lots of greens, kale, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, cucumber, celery, etc. (Juicing or salads help a ton)
- Start your morning with Lemon water: Add a ½ squeezed lemon with 12-16 oz of water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Oil Pulling: What is it? You can choose which oil, Coconut Oil ( a personal favorite), sesame oil, or extra virgin olive oil. Place 2 TBSP in your mouth first thing in the morning, after you drink lemon water and swish in your mouth for minimum 5 minutes up to 20 minutes and discard in a safe way (I like to discard in a paper towel) as this oil after 20 minutes is highly toxic. It’ll help to heal your Lupus mouth sores and help you to keep healthy gums all while helping your body detox.
- Take Epsom SaltBath: Fill your bath water with hottest possible temperature without burning your skin and fill up the tube to your belly button. Add a generous amount of Epsom salt (I usually do 1 1/2 – 2 full cups) and sit in the tub. Because of this, You’ll begin sweating and that’s all the toxins that are so great for you.
Most of all, Lupus mouth sores can be a nuisance, but we can help our bodies so they are preventable. I hope this article’s helped, please subscribe, like, share, and leave comments as I would love to hear from you.