Lupus Diet is a diet that nourishes the body and allows for healing from all the damage from the medications and the symptoms of Lupus.
Its sole aim should be to decrease inflammation, improve healing, and promote energy in our cells. Because every conventional treatment for Lupus is toxic, it’s in our best interest to be optimizing our health to enable our body to remain resilient.
This means that everyday we should commit to developing healthy habits to proactively undo the damage of Lupus and it’s treatments.
A Lupus Diet will help to keep Lupus flares under control. It can help to reset your body to create balance ultimately to have a healing effect.
This is mainly because no two patients are the same. It needs to be individually tailored to ensure the best outcome.
Types of Lupus Diets
- Elimination Diet to reset your body by eliminating any potential triggers and inflammatory foods. This Diet is typically recommended for 28 days.
- Reintroduction Diet is where you learn to add back what you take away and learn what foods cause a reaction and what foods are safe to eat for you. This is a highly individual process. It can vary from person to person and can also vary greatly from the phase of your Lupus.
- Healing Diet is based on your sensitivities, this is where you learn to add colors to your diet to make sure you are eating a nutrient dense foods. Most Lupus patients are undernourished. Your body desperately needs nourishment to improve energy production.
- Intermittent Fasting is where you learn to rest your gut by not eating foods for a prolonged periods of time. Growing research evidence was found indicating an anti-inflammatory effect when your gut is rested.
Lupus Diet Goals:
- Reduce Inflammation
- Support Healthy Gut Microbiome
- Dairy Free- Gluten Free
- Phytonutrients to heal the gut
- Reduce Toxic Burden
- No Calorie Restriction
- Promote Body Awareness to Food
- Identify Food Triggers
You need to keep eating healthy to fight Lupus every single day.
Having a good, anti-inflammatory and healthy diet will help your body keep up with your treatments and daily activities.
Want specific guidance? Book a consult with Lupus Rebel Nutrition Therapist to find the perfect diet for you.
How else can we help you? Please give us your comment and feedback and if you have other questions, please let us know. We will be happy to hear from you.