In today’s society, our brains are constantly being bombarded by various stimuli, especially that which comes from our technology and smart devices.
Most time, this makes it difficult for us Lupies to focus, as we are already neurologically compromised.
These brain foods can be incorporated into your diet daily, and will boost your brain power, resulting in increased attention and retention, and decreased foggy brain.
Top 10 Powerful Brain Foods
- Avocado: fatty fruit; monounsaturated fat that helps with healthy blood flow to the brain
- Blueberries: antioxidants; also called “brain berries”; they protect from oxidative stress; studies done with rats show that blueberries help with overall learning capacity, motor skills, and the rats become mentally younger
- Broccoli and cauliflower: improve cognitive function; provide fiber; contain indole-3-carbinol, which is produced by the breakdown of the glucosinolate glucobrassicin, which can be found in relatively high levels in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, collard greens, and kale
- Coconut oil: medium chain fatty acid; ignites the fat burning furnace in the body; fuels your brain with ketones which research indicates provides you with mental focus and improved cognition
- Eggs: contain memory improving choline, vitamin K , and vitamin E
- Green leafy vegetables: very important for good brain health; spinach and kale
- Salmon: rich in omega 3 DHA; anti-inflammatory
- Turmeric: antioxidant, keeps you alert and attentive
- Walnuts: provide vitamin E; ward off oxidative stress in your brain; full of zinc and magnesium; provide good mood feelings. What’s interesting is that walnuts look like and are shaped like the brain, so it’s easy to remember that they are good for our brains
- Dark Chocolate: not milk chocolate; increases endorphins, the feel good neurochemical; antioxidative; and who doesn’t love chocolate? The darker the chocolate, the better for your brain
And importantly, don’t forget to drink water! We need to keep our brains hydrated so they can function.
So How Can You Get These Foods Into Your Diet?
Here are some easy hacks.
- Add blueberries, avocado, spinach, broccoli, coconut oil, and water into a blender and make a smoothie
- Eat steamed broccoli and salmon for dinner
- Eat hard boiled eggs for lunch or snack
- Finally, have a piece of dark chocolate for desert and you’re all set
There you have it, I hope this was helpful!